- Experience another country’s culture
- Enhance your education with an additional international dimension and global outlook
- Expand your knowledge of other languages
- Demonstrate to employers that you are an adaptable, flexible and independent individual by living and studying in another country
- Make new friends and business contacts
- A rewarding and enriching personal experience.
Replacement Term Abroad – this takes place in the 1st term of your 2nd year of study. If you choose this option you can still complete your degree in 3 years.
Sandwich – this takes place between your 2nd and 3rd year of study. This option adds a year to your degree.
Application deadline: January 2021
We have around 35 highly-ranked partner universities around the world in the US, Canada, Australia, Asia, South America and Europe.
Applications are open to 1st and 2nd year Business School students.
The application for the replacement term abroad will be during the January of your first year at City. If you wish to take the sandwich year abroad, you can apply during the January of your second year.
After completing the application form all applicants will be invited for an informal interview with the Student Exchange Office to ensure that you have thought carefully about why you wish to study abroad. During this time you can discuss programme structure and demands.
When allocating places we will look at:
- your academic record to date
- your ability to adapt to a different culture and educational environment
- whether you have carried out research on your preferred destination
To receive an offer for the replacement term, you must achieve a mark of no lower than 50% in each of your January examinations and an overall minimum average of 60% in your January examinations. You must also pass all your Year 1.To receive an offer for the replacement term, you must achieve a mark of no lower than 50% in each of your January examinations and an overall minimum average of 60% in your January examinations and also pass all Year 1 examinations and coursework at the Assessment Board in July.
To receive an offer for the sandwich year, you should ideally pass assessments at first attempt. However the School may consider sandwich year students who have failed up to 30 credits on an individual basis.
For more information on the programmes available and on where you can study abroad, please see here: https://www.cass.city.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/placements-and-study-abroad
You can check out our blog here: https://blogs.city.ac.uk/cassabroad/
You can also email the Business School Student Exchange Team on: firstname.lastname@example.org