This is a great opportunity to gain practical experience for your CV and achieve transferrable skills – all while earning money and making new friends. As part of the scheme, you will be at the front line of our marketing activity and assist prospective students in making a well-informed decision, gain a better understanding of all the opportunities, facilities and services on offer at City, and hopefully choose our University as the right place for them. Work is flexible and can fit around your studies and the payrate is currently £9.77 per hour (including holiday pay).
If successful, you will be added to an internal database available to members of the Marketing and External Relations Team and contacted about opportunities as they arise (from October onwards). This is a flexible scheme that is designed to work around your study commitments. Work assignments will be offered based on the requirements of the role, interest shown and your availability.
Most roles and activities will be taking place online/virtually.
- Be a current City student.
- Have a good knowledge of City’s Schools, services and campuses, and a willingness to learn more about the campus and university structure.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, suitable for a variety of settings and audiences.
- Have excellent writing skills and a passion and interest for producing content, that is both authentic and engaging, for the University.
- Be enthusiastic and have a positive approach to university life and higher education.
- Possess good time management skills and reliability.
- Be adaptable, flexible and proactive.
- Have a commitment to customer service.
- Able to represent the University professionally and positively with regards to presentation and conduct.