- Take pride in the fact that you have made someone's transition to university considerably less stressful
- Meet new people on your course
- Give something back to the university
- Demonstrate enhanced active-listening skills
After CityBuddies you'll be given help and guidance on how to best present what you've gained when talking with employers.
Every year from September - January.
You are expected to make initial contact with your buddy before they arrive at Uni and then to be available to answer questions or meet up when they arrive.
The number of meetings depends on the new student’s needs, but you are able to set expectations around your availability.
On campus and online.
to be a CityBuddy mentor
All current 1st and 2nd year undergraduate students can apply to be a CityBuddy mentor. If you apply this academic year (2020/2021) you will be a CityBuddy mentor in September 2021 and support up to four 1st year students in their first term at university.
Applying to be a CityBuddy mentor is easy:
- Complete our online application form.
- Your application will be assessed and if successful you will invited to an assessment centre in March.
- If you pass the assessment centre you will be invited to attend compulsory training in April.
- After attending training, you will be confirmed as a CityBuddy and matched with new students in August/September
to get a CityBuddy mentor
If you are planning on studying an undergraduate degree at City, University of London you can apply to get a CityBuddy mentor once your place is confirmed. Applications open in August 2021.
CityBuddies | Careers, Student Development and Outreach
Level 1, Drysdale Building
Liam Power, Senior Student Development Officer
Rochelle Smith, Student Development Assistant
+44 (0) 20 7040 5001
+44 (0) 77 4165 9876