Erasmus students achieve better degrees and earn higher salaries according to the report, "Attainment in higher education of Erasmus and placement students", produced by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE).
Additionally, research by the British Council, Ipsos and management consultants Booz Allen Hamilton shows that not only do employers around the world value the ability to work with people from other cultures as highly as they value formal qualifications, but they also say that a lack of these skills in the workforce can open them up to serious risks including losing clients.
Students take part in the Erasmus Programme for many different reasons; for some it is a required part of their degree, for others it is an ideal opportunity to live in another city in Europe for a few exciting months.
Top 10 Reasons to take part:
- Stand out in the job market – a great addition to your CV
- Return more motivated, independent and confident
- Get a grant and receive tuition fee support
- It counts towards your degree – it is not a gap year
- Learn a range of life-skills not taught in the lecture theatre
- Access a wider range of subject areas than in the UK
- Improve your language skills
- Gain an international network of friends
- Discover a different culture
- Gain an international perspective and travel
Study programmes last between 3 and 12 months.
Traineeship / work lasts between 2 and12 months.
Various countries in Europe, under the Erasmus+ Programme, and throughout the world!
Students are encouraged to contact their School Exchange Coordinator (emails listed above) to get more information on the process and eligibility of going on exchange, as there will be school-specific requirements.