- Be prioritised and get paid for on campus events
- Recognised position within the University
- Essential training to build your knowledge and skills
- Experience of working in varied roles, an excellent addition to your CV
- Develop skills through training and work experience
- Networking for future career opportunities
- Receive a recognition for your achievement
Duration: one year from October 2021 to September 2022
- Welcome session: Student Leaders will be required to attend an online welcome session in November (date to be confirmed), where you will be given an overview of Global Engagement at City, meet staff from the Office for Global Engagement and fellow Student Leaders. You will also be introduced to the concept of Intercultural Competencies and asked to reflect on your own skills and intercultural awareness.
- Project Management workshop: Student Leaders will be expected to attend a professional development workshop on Project Management in February 2022 (date to be confirmed). The workshop will aim to develop your essential knowledge and skills in Project Management.
- Leadership in a Global Context workshop: Student Leaders will be expected to attend a professional development workshop on Leadership in a Global Context in May 2022 (date to be confirmed). The workshop will aim to develop your essential knowledge and skills in Leadership and Management.
- Review and Award session: Student Leaders will be expected to attend a review and award session in August 2022 (date to be confirmed) to reflect on your skills, identify your strength and weakness, set goals and plan your own development activities. You will also have the opportunity to celebrate your achievement and networking with fellow Student Leaders and City staff.
Note: Events listed above may be delivered online in accordance with the University’s health and safety requirements. Professional development workshops could be delivered by City staff or external instructors.
Online and face to face
- City registered current undergraduate students at any stage of their studies
- Good knowledge of City campus and student support services
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Flexible, reliable and open minded
- Willing to work with people from diverse cultures