- As a tutor you will earn £9.89 per hour + holiday pay. You are also able to claim for any preparation time.
- Tutors receive training throughout the year by WP staff, equipping you with the skills you need to work effectively with young people, including behaviour management, small group facilitation and lesson planning.
- Tutors work with the same pupils each week and therefore have the satisfaction of seeing pupils flourish in subjects they were struggling in, or even hated before. You will maintain a weekly placement with the same school from October- May forming meaningful relationships with your tutee(s).
- Tutoring develops many transferable skills such as: communication, initiative, adaptability, leadership, time management and commitment (all of which are attractive to employers).
- Enhance your employability and share your passion with young people most in need of your support.
Weekly from October 2017 until April/May 2018. Optional tutoring in June, July 2018 and holidays is available.
All tutoring takes place at the school you are placed at. All schools are in London, with the majority in Islington, Hackney and Haringey.
To become a WP tutor you must:
• Be available on most Wednesday afternoons from 1pm, from October through to April
• Have achieved at least a B in GCSE or equivalent in Maths or English (depending on which subject you wish to tutor)
• Be committed, reliable and have excellent time-keeping skills
• If successful, you will be required to complete a DBS check
This is a competitive scheme, in which we are looking to recruit 60-80 tutors. In addition to the above, you must:
• Complete the online application form
• Be successful in an individual interview
• Be prepared to register with Unitemps, and are thus required to be eligible to work in this country.
020 7040 3197