When you graduate from City, you will have a range of experiences that make you stand out. The City Employability Award exists to help you tell potential employers a persuasive story about why you’re the perfect candidate for the role of your dreams.
The best way to tell the story of your employability is through understanding yourself, your area of interest and the jobs available, then articulating how you’ve developed the relevant skills through practical experience. There are a number of activities on offer at City and these all contribute to your employability in different ways.
Through participating in the award you will be able to demonstrate:
- Your degree of expertise against a set of ten core competencies
- That you can explain where you have developed your expertise
- A record of activities that you’ve been involved in during your time at City that have contributed towards your personal and professional development.
- That you understand and can apply the various approaches and professional skills that go towards making exceptional job applications
- That you have experience networking with employers
Recognising that there are different levels of development for each of the core competencies, the award is tiered: Bronze, Silver and Gold.
The Bronze Award is the first level of the City Employability Award. It shows that you have a rounded understanding of at least five of the core competencies that employers are looking for.
The Silver Award is the second level of the City Employability Award. It shows that you have some experience of using at least five of the core competencies that employers are looking for.
The Gold Award is the pinnacle of the Employability Award! It recognises that you have developed several of the competencies to a significant level, through a breadth of experience and that you have demonstrated leadership or initiative in at least one of them.
Quote from an Employer who is impressed about the Employability Award
[Details of that employer]
Quote from a student who is delighted to have achieved the award